CGHC has Population Health management (PHM) programs and activities to improve the health of CGHC’s member population. CGHC’s PHM programs and activities are reviewed, updated and approved by CGHC’s Executive Quality Oversight Committee (EQOC) at least annually.
CGHC’s 2021 PHM programs and activities include specific areas of focus that address the following below. CGHC will notify specific members who qualify for these programs via mailing in addition to interactive communications including phone calls, face to face when possible, and/or or text messaging
Managing members with emerging risk
- Statin Therapy for Members with Diabetes: CGHC members with a confirmed diagnosis of diabetes, ages 40 to 75 to start and continue taking a statin medication to control individual cardiovascular risk factors by preventing or slowing Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease.
- Diabetic Eye Exams: CGHC diabetic members to receive the necessary diabetic eye exam to detect eye problems such as diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, and other eye problems early.
- Medication Management for Members with Asthma: CGHC members diagnosed with persistent asthma ages 5–64 years of age to continue taking their asthma controller medication to reduce airway inflammation and help prevent asthma symptoms from occurring.
Patient Safety – Improve the safety of high-alert medications
- CGHC’s Opioid Management Program: CGHC members who are “first fill” opioid utilizers to receive education and discussions with a pharmacist to prevent inappropriate utilization.
- Monitoring Members on Warfarin Therapy: CGHC members who are dispensed warfarin for at least 56 days receive at least one international normalized ratio (INR) monitoring lab test, for each 56-day interval with active warfarin therapy to reduce the occurrence of preventable adverse drug events.
Managing multiple chronic illnesses:
- CGHC Members Enrolled in Complex Case Management: CGHC members who are currently enrolled in Case Management who had an inpatient stay will receive a post-discharge assessment and transition of care plan completed.